BBC RADIO 1’S BIG WEEKEND ADDS FRIDAY NIGHT EVENT
- MARK RONSON AND MK SET TO PERFORM –
BBC Radio 1 have announced that an extra night has been added to Radio 1’s Big Weekend 2019 in Middlesbrough featuring some of the biggest names in dance music including Mark Ronson, MK and Purple Disco Machine, whilst Wilkinson, Sub Focus and Dimension will be forming a super group for one night only.
The exciting addition to the already star studded weekend will see artists play live sets to an audience of 6,000 fans at Stewart Park on Friday 24th May.
They will be joining the likes of Miley Cyrus, Stormzy, The 1975 and Little Mix who will be entertaining BBC Radio 1 fans across the weekend for the station’s annual flagship live music event.
Mark Ronson says: “I can’t wait to play Radio 1’s Big Weekend. From my very first one back in 2007 all the way till now, it’s always such a great vibe and great crowd. Psyched to start my summer playing some bangers with Annie Mac and the crew.”
MK says: “Can’t wait to play at Radio 1’s Big Weekend! Great way to kick off the summer!”
Wilkinson says: “It’s all about collaboration. Myself and Dimension did ‘Rush’. Then I did ‘Take It Up’ with Sub Focus. Then Sub and Dimension did ‘Desire’. It’s just great to work with friends who you are fans of and we all hang out on the road all the time. Really looking forward to this. A proper one-off!”
Sub Focus says: “We’ve all become friends and collaborators though years of touring and releasing music together but this is the first time the three of us have linked up to do a set, it’s about time!”
Dimension says: “It’s going to be pure energy.”
Purple Disco Machine says: “I can’t wait to play Big Weekend. I’m so honoured that I’ve been asked! Radio 1’s Ibiza Weekend was so much fun and I just know that playing to a UK audience, the home of BBC Radio 1, is going to be next level.”
Tickets will be available for audiences over 18 and will go on sale at 7pm on Friday 26th April, priced at £10 plus £2.50 booking fee. For more information, please go to www.bbc.co.uk/bigweekend
Tickets will be geographically weighted with 85% of the tickets reserved for those living in the Middlesbrough Council area, and remaining areas of the Tees Valley Combined Authority: Darlington, Hartlepool, Redcar & Cleveland and Stockton-on-Tees Borough Councils. The remaining 15% of tickets will be available for the rest of the UK. The booking process will be handled by Ticketmaster – the only official ticketing agent for Radio 1’s Big Weekend.
Now in its 16th year, Radio 1’s Big Weekend kicks off the UK’s festival season, as well as taking artists to the cities that may not otherwise host a large scale event like Big Weekend, shining a light on the host city and providing a major boost to the local economy. This year, the BBC is working closely with Middlesbrough Council and Tees Valley Combined Authority to put on Radio 1’s Big Weekend with the event estimated to generate £3.5 million to the local area.
Gates open at 4pm and the event finishes at 11pm.
BBC Radio 1 will be broadcasting from 7pm, continuing all the fun until 1am on air.
For those that don’t have tickets for Saturday and Sunday, performances from Radio 1’s Big Weekend will be broadcast on BBC Radio 1 all weekend and all performances will be available to watch live and on demand on Radio 1’s BBC iPlayer channel. BBC Two will also be broadcasting the biggest performances at 9pm on Saturday and Sunday night, whilst BBC One will be showing all the highlights from across the weekend on Monday night.
Most Shared Posts
- Where Do We Belong? Northern Stage Where Do We Belong is a piece of theatre that is produced by the
- Living in Shadows to release Sending Electricity, second single from upcoming album Hot on the heels
- Newcastle restaurant handpicked to star in nationwide campaign supporting smaller businesses Local r
- SAGE GATESHEAD LAUNCHES 20/21 SEASON OF ONLINE ACTIVITY AND LIVE PERFORMANCE SERIES FOR AUTUMN 2020