BIG BUGS ON TOUR AT INTU METROCENTRE THIS HALF-TERM
THIS February, intu Metrocentre brings the great outdoors indoors with a host of bug-tastic free events including creepy-crawly arts and crafts.
Let little ones imaginations fly as they discover 12 giant, intricately-designed and extremely lifelike bugs as part of intu’s Big Bugs on Tour opening their eyes to a whole new world.
Children can get up close and personal with the likes of butterflies, stag beetles and honeybees before designing a bug hotel for their new friends, creating hand-puppets and making colourful caterpillar paperchains.
There will also be the opportunity to interact and have unique conversations with the bugs on tour via text message* and unearth some fun facts.
Parents of keen explores can sign up to be part of intu’s Family Club andcollect a buzztastic bug goody bagas well as exclusive offers and discounts.
Helen Atkinson, marketing manager at intu Metrocentre said: “We’re excited to kick off the first school holiday of the year with a fantastic schedule of family-friendly activities. Big Bugs on Tour, which is backed by naturalist Chris Packham, offers an opportunity to help educate adults and children on the importance of the bugs in their gardens and put a smile on their faces along the way.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming families into the centre to experience something new and exciting this half-term.”
Suzie, the swallowtail butterfly, added: “My friends and I are delighted to have landed at intu Metrocentre and are looking forward to meeting lots of friendly faces.”
Aside from the larger than life ant-ics, families can journey inside the miniature world of bugs with a special screening of Disney and Pixar’s A Bug’s Life on Sunday 24 February from 8:45am until 11am on the big screen in lower Qube. Visit https://intu.co.uk/metrocentre to book tickets.
intu Metrocentre’s half-term activities will take place from Monday 18 to Friday 22 February in Exhibition Square from 10am until 6pm.
Half Term activities:
· Monday 18 Feb: Bug hotel
· Tuesday 19 Feb: Caterpillar paper chains
· Wednesday 20 Feb: Bug hand-puppets
· Thursday 21 Feb: Bug hand-puppets
· Friday 22 Feb: Bug pebbles
* Standard text messaging rates apply and all messages are anonymous.
Big Bugs on Tour is on a nationwide tour of 13 intu shopping centres including intu Metrocentre, intu Trafford Centre and intu Lakeside and is also inspiring school classes around the country to help children learn more about bugs. For more information go to www.intu.co.uk/BigBugs.
Most Shared Posts
- Where Do We Belong? Northern Stage Where Do We Belong is a piece of theatre that is produced by the
- The Covid-19 Monologues – Bringing theatre to the people A North East theatre c
- Living in Shadows to release Sending Electricity, second single from upcoming album Hot on the heels
- Newcastle restaurant handpicked to star in nationwide campaign supporting smaller businesses Local r