IKEA prepare for opening 1 June by inserting social distancing measures for safety.
Ahead of IKEA reopening 19 stores across England and Northern Ireland on Monday 1st June, please see attached imagery that demonstrates how IKEA is implementing new safety measures across all of its stores in order to enable social distancing and ensure the safety of co-workers and customers.
These pictures show IKEA Greenwich finalising the enhanced safety measures, which include:
- Limited numbers of customers in store at any one time. A staggered entry system and restricted car parking will be in place and, in line with guidance, only one adult and one child per household will be permitted in-store.
- Social Distance Wardens throughout the store will help customers find their way round the new one-way system and ensure new social distancing measures are being followed
- Customers will be urged to come prepared with ready-made lists and their own bags, and those wishing purely to return items, are encouraged to do so at a later date. IKEA has a 365 day returns policy
- Additional hand sanitiser facilities and more frequent deep cleaning routines for bags, trolleys, bathrooms, rest areas, equipment and touchscreens
- Screens at key areas such as checkouts, service points and customer returns, to enable social distancing
- Planning services will only be available online
- Cashless payments only, by card and contactless
- All play areas will remain closed, as will the customer restaurant
- Swedish Food Market will be open, with the Bistro offering a takeaway service
Most Shared Posts
- Where Do We Belong? Northern Stage Where Do We Belong is a piece of theatre that is produced by the
- Two special outdoor shows for Newcastle – tickets on general release now Bank Holiday Sunday 30thA
- The adventure of the summer, Dinosaur World Live encourages the whole family to grab their
- September 2020 will see Platform Perform officially open its stage doors, and to celebrate they will