50 Things About Us
Thurs 14th – Sun 17th November NEWCASTLE, Live Theatre
In his new show 50 Things About Us, Mark Thomas combines his trademark mix of storytelling, stand-up, mischief and really, really well researched material to examine how we have come to inhabit this divided wasteland that some of us call the United Kingdom.
Mark picks through the myths, facts and figures of our national identities to ask how we have so much feeling for such a hollow land. Who do we think we are? It is a show about money, history, songs, gongs, wigs, unicorns, guns, bungs, sods of soil and rich people* in the vein of The Manifesto-meets-sweary history channel.
50 Things About Us kicks off this autumn as a work in progress, with a full run in early 2020 to be announced soon. It is also a podcast (out in September), soon to be a book published by September Publishing in February and an art exhibition in Liverpool in January 2020.
Thurs 14th-Sun 17th November NEWCASTLE, Live Theatre 0191 2321232 https://www.live.org.uk/
Support This Site
If you like what I do please support me on Ko-fi
- THE FAULTY TOWERS DINING EXPERIENCE COMING TO BOILER SHOP
- NILE RODGERS AND RAG’N’BONE MAN TO HEADLINE HARDWICK FESTIVAL
- OUTDOOR SPRING/SUMMER SESSIONS RETURNS TO HARDWICK HALL HOTEL
- MAXIMO PARK AND EMBRACE TO PERFORM AT HARDWICK FESTIVAL
- Lulu confirmed to perform at Sunderland’s Lamplight festival THIS SUMMER!