DOUBLE YOUR DONATION TO GOSFORTH CIVIC THEATRE IN BIG GIVE’S CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE 2022.
Liberdade Community Development Trust are taking part in the Christmas Challenge to raise £15,000 in just 1 week! These funds will be used for Gosforth Civic Theatre.
Historically society has created places for people with learning disabilities to go, this has meant that this group of people are often segregated with few opportunities to demonstrate their social worth. This segregation has also meant members of the public have often had few or no opportunities to get to know people with learning disabilities, therefore fear of, and misconceptions about people with learning disabilities have developed.
We have always aimed to raise the publics expectations of what people with learning disabilities can achieve. We do this by creating high quality performance and film work for a public audience. Now, in Gosforth Civic Theatre we also have our own 200 seat theatre that provides a relaxed opportunity to bring people with learning disabilities and members of the public together on a daily basis. We programme high quality theatre, dance, cinema and music and sell great coffee for everyone, in return we get social change.
The project will:
- bring more local people and people with learning disabilities together in a building that provides great art for everyone.
- Restore and enhance the building through refurbishment and extension to ensure it remains fit for purpose. Introduce energy efficiency measures and significantly reduce our carbon emission
- provide free cultural and community events and activities for everyone to enjoy, such as; free play sessions, gaming socials and community festivals.
Donations to Liberdade will be generously matched by The Big Give’s Champions during the campaign, meaning your money can support twice as many people with learning disabilities and members of the local community.
Rob Huggins, CEO of Liberdade Community Development Trust:
This year we’re looking to raise a total of £15,000. In order to access the £7,500 we have in the matching pot, we need to raise £7,500 in online donations. We hope everyone will give generously this year to help us reach our target and enable us make Gosforth Civic Theatre the best place it can be..
How can you get involved?
- Visit theBigGive.org.uk and make a donation from 12pm (midday) on #GivingTuesday (Tuesday, 29th November). The campaign will close at 12pm on Tuesday, 6th December.
- Set a reminder and add our campaign page https://bit.ly/GCTBigGive2022 to it so you remember not to miss your chance to double your donation!
- JUNKYARD GOLF CLUB LAUNCHES ‘ELVES ON THE RUN’ CRAZY CHRISTMAS FUN THIS DECEMBER - 4 December 2023
- This is England actor and UK Britpop band to perform epic Christmas special on Tyneside - 4 December 2023
- WHERE TO CELEBRATE NEW YEAR IN STYLE: SIX BALTIC - 4 December 2023