Two weeks to go until Ned Boulting returns to Newcastle Tyne Theatre with his one-man stage show!
Re-Tour de Ned: ITV’s Ned Boulting adds final touches to his one-man cycling stage show before he returns to Newcastle Tyne Theatre on Thursday 27th October
· ITV’s Tour de France commentator is returning to Newcastle Tyne Theatre on Thursday 27th October
· Ned Boulting will transport you back to 1903 and beyond as he embarks on a whistlestop tour behind the scenes of the Tour de France and explores how it has become the race we all know and love today
· 28 date tour starts in Plymouth on 8th October and ends in Edinburgh on 13th November
· Tickets available exclusively through www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/ned-boulting
With just two weeks to go, the countdown is on to Ned Boulting rolling down the ramp and treading the boards for the first time in four years with his one-man cycling stage show, Re-Tour de Ned, that will be returning to Newcastle Tyne Theatre on Thursday 27th October.
Cycling aficionado or novice, his brand new, brilliantly conceived and fast paced production will guarantee an evenings’ entertainment unlike any other and bears all the trademarks of his previous one-man shows.
Re-Tour de Ned takes the audience through the history of the Tour de France including bringing to life the 1903 origins of the race and re-enacting 2022 winner, Jonas Vingegaard, fileting fish in a Danish fish factory. Reasonably accurate impersonations, a recount of the story of The Little Mermaid and confirmation of why you wouldn’t want Wout Van Aert at your wedding are all included as Ned’s show highlights the trepidations and triumphs of the world’s biggest cycle race.
With final preparations underway, Ned is almost ready to embark on his 28-date tour travelling up and down the country from the Quad Theatre, Plymouth on 8th October to the Edinburgh Assembly Rooms on 13th November.
Ned’s love affair with the Tour de France began in 2003, and the 2022 edition was his twentieth working behind the mic at the tour de France.
Ned Boulting comments: “My last stage show tour was in 2018 so with final rehearsals underway, I’m excited to be getting back out there. Along the way, there will be time to call to mind the greatest racers of the age, and to do hopelessly bad impressions of them. There will be scope to celebrate all that is French about France, and all that is Tourish about the Tour: Stuff like ignoring 12th century cathedrals, peeing at the side of the road, pushing spectators over, punching demonstrators and generally behaving like a shaven-legged hooligan for a month while riding over entire mountain ranges!
“I’ll hand out copious, thoroughly unreliable, advice on How To Win The Tour de France. Or if not that, then at least How To Watch It On The Telly! I already know there’s going to be a joke about a pair of trousers belonging to Henri Desgrange – there’ll be a renewed attempt to understand how the bottom bracket works plus an analysis of the universal language of cycling.”
Ned will also be inviting budding cycle mechanics on stage for the chance to win special prizes by demonstrating their bike building skills. If you think you or someone you know is up for the challenge then submit your entry here: https://muc-off.com/pages/tourdened
- JUNKYARD GOLF CLUB LAUNCHES ‘ELVES ON THE RUN’ CRAZY CHRISTMAS FUN THIS DECEMBER - 4 December 2023
- This is England actor and UK Britpop band to perform epic Christmas special on Tyneside - 4 December 2023
- WHERE TO CELEBRATE NEW YEAR IN STYLE: SIX BALTIC - 4 December 2023