Blackfriars – Whisky Tasting in Newcastle – LNOF
This activity is provided by Last Night Of Freedom. By clicking through our link you will be redirected to the offical website via an affiliate link. This means if you proceed, book and complete an activity we may earn a commision of the sales from the booking.
Blackfriars – Whisky Tasting in Newcastle.
Take a trip into the past, with a historical whisky tasting session.
Aptly named the ‘water of life’ by monks in the Middle Ages, whisky is a long standing favourite tipple of the nation, worth getting to grips with on your celebratory weekend in Newcastle. With this fantastic activity, you and your group will head to Blackfriars, a venue with its origins dating all the way back to 1239. Confidently laying claim to being the oldest dining room in the UK, King Henry VIII even stayed here on a trip to Newcastle. If it’s good enough for royalty, it’s good enough for your last night of freedom.
You’ll be located in your very own tasting room in the original Tanners Guild meeting area, featuring an original 19th century circular seating area for up to 36 people. Your whisky expert (how do we sign up for this job?) will teach you all about the history, distilling process and tasting notes of the four Scotch and world whiskies you’ll be sampling. You’ll leave feeling like a whisky tasting pro, and be a little bit merry at the same time. Cheers to that.
- Hosted by a whisky expert
- Learn about the history, distilling process & tasting notes
- Private hire of unique tasting room
- Taste 6 different Scotch & world whiskies
- Duration: 2 hours
Grab a personalised Tee and make your group stand out!
More Stag and Hen Ideas
Stay In Newcastle
- Deck the Halls with Decibels: Late ‘n’ Snow Unwraps the Ultimate Christmas Bash - 29 November 2023
- The Evolution of Online Casino Bonuses in the UK: A Spotlight on Newcastle - 29 November 2023
- R&B POP QUEEN BECKY HILL CONFIRMED FOR HARDWICK FESTIVAL 2024 - 28 November 2023